Thank you for your Interest in Serving on a National Committee
To my fellow members of the American Legion Auxiliary:
First let me thank you for all you do as members of this great organization that we all love. The presence of active American Legion Auxiliary Units and engaged members in communities across this nation, allows us to actively live our Mission, serving veterans, military, our youth, our communities and our members.
I need your help to continue this work towards a century of service. I am asking you to step-up and become part of the leadership team for next year. No matter what current title you may hold, if you are willing to become part of a dedicated team working to positively advance our mission and member experience, please consider filling out the application below to serve on a national committee.
If you are interested in an appointment to the Finance or Audit committee or interested in becoming a member of the ALA Foundation Board, please also attach a professional resume to the application.
Many of our national appointments require attendance at one to three national meetings per year and typically three to five conference calls with committee members and volunteers. If you're up for the challenge, here's what you need to know:
- Applications are due February 17, 2014. Once this deadline passes, the application form will no longer be available.
- Applications will be reviewed, and appointments will be made by March 31, 2014
- If you are offered an appointment, you will receive an email informing you of the next steps in the process.
- Complete the online application by clicking the link below. The application uses HTML format, so you cannot use spell check while filling it out. However, you can cut and paste into the application fields content that you drafted in Microsoft Word or similar programs where spell check is permissible.
- Upload your photo. You may also upload your resume if you wish. If you are interested in an appointment on the Finance, or Audit Committee or as a member of the ALA Foundation Board, you must attach a professional resume.
- Click "submit." (Warning: Only click the "submit" button when your application is complete. If you "submit" before you have completed your application, you will not be able to retrieve it to edit it, and you will have to start over.)
- You will immediately receive an automated response acknowledging that your application was received. If you do not receive the auto response, your application was not successfully submitted.
It is expected that all applicants have a sincere desire to serve and respect our veterans and Auxiliary members, working to promote service to our veterans and their families and harmony at the unit, department, and national levels.
In the spirit of Service Not Self,
2013-2014 National Vice PresidentClick here to begin the online application process.