Thank you for your Interest in Serving on a National Committee
Auxiliary programs work because of the dedicated volunteers who step up and fill the numerous roles required to serve the needs of our veterans, active duty military, their families, and our members. Whether volunteering at a local VA hospital, participating in a department day of service, or chairing a national committee, each member is critical to the success of our organization. The American Legion Auxiliary is looking for the next generation of leaders to help us continue our work towards a century of service. Committee members are expected to contribute their time, talent and treasure, helping the ALA to positively advance our mission and member experience.
The majority of our national appointments require attendance at one to three national meetings per year and typically three to five conference calls with committee members and volunteers. If you're up for the challenge, here's what you need to know:
- Applications are due January 5, 2013. Once this deadline passes, the application form will no longer be available.
- Applications will be reviewed, and appointments will be made by February 28, 2013
- If you are offered an appointment, you will receive an email informing you of the next steps in the process.
- Applications of candidates not selected will be kept on file for three years for future committee consideration.
- Complete the online application by clicking the link below. The application uses HTML format, so you cannot use spell check while filling it out. However, you can cut and paste into the application fields content that you drafted in Microsoft Word or similar programs where spell check is permissible.
- Upload your photo. You may also upload your resume if you wish.
- Click "submit." (Warning: Only click the "submit" button when your application is complete. If you "submit" before you have completed your application, you will not be able to retrieve it to edit it, and you will have to start over.)
- You will immediately receive an automated response acknowledging that your application was received. If you do not receive the auto response, your application was not successfully submitted.
It is expected that all applicants have a sincere desire to serve and respect our veterans and Auxiliary members, working to promote service to our veterans and their families and harmony at the unit, department, and national levels.
In the spirit of Service Not Self,
Nancy Brown Park
2012-2013 National Vice PresidentClick here to begin the online application process.